Read the stories that were featured in the February edition of The Big Thrill.
28 new thrillers from ITW Members guaranteed to keep you warm this winter, including debut novels from Jenny Milchman, Jennifer Moss and Colby Marshall, plus new nonfiction from J.C. Carleson, A Between The Lines Exclusive with Mark Sullivan by Paula Tutman and News from South Africa by Michael Sears.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between the Lines Interview with Mark Sullivan by Paula Tutman
News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Touch & Go by Lisa Gardner
- Black Sheep: A Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller by CJ Lyons
- Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman
- The Trouble With Charlie by Merry Jones
- Town Red by Jennifer Moss
- Hunt the Scorpion by Don Mann & Ralph Pezzullo
- Work Like a Spy: Business Tips from a Former CIA Officer by J.C. Carleson
- Iscariot: A Novel of Judas by Tosca Lee
- Checkmate, My Lord by Tracey Devlyn
- Extinction by Mark Alpert
- Retribution by Adrian Magson
- Perfect Hatred by Leighton Gage
- Phony Tinsel by Robert S. Levinson
- Guilt by Jonathan Kellerman
- Shadowkiller by Wendy Corsi Staub
- Chain of Command by Colby Marshall
- A Function of Murder by Ada Madison
- Oodles of Poodles by Linda O. Johnston
- Blood Red Sari by Ashok Banker
- Rules of Honour by Matt Hilton
- Fear of Beauty by Susan Froetschel
- No Safe Ground by Julia Pomeroy
- Missing in Rangoon by Christopher G. Moore
- Merciless by Lori Armstrong
- Green Light For Murder by Heywood Gould
- Die For Me by Cynthia Eden
- Season of the Wolf by Jeffrey J. Mariotte
- Without Consent by Bev Irwin
- Among the Dead by Timothy W. Long
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Harlan Coben, Kendra Elliot, L.J. Sellers, Jess Faraday, Robert Masello, Alan L. Moss, Hilary Davidson, Maynard Sims, Thomas Perry, Philip Donlay, Barbara Taylor Sissel, Erin Hart, Shannon Baker, Diane Hester and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Port of Sorrow by Grant McKenzie
- A Small Season of Magic by Linda Hall
- Apostle Rising by Richard Godwin
- No Tears for the Lost – (Gavin & Palmer 4) by Adrian Magson
- Short Stories with Happy Endings – Volume 2 by Ellen Cleary
- Shades Of Mayhem – Volume 2 by Adrian Magson
- Autumn of the Republic by John T. Cullen
- Tainted Badge by David DeLee
- Price of Justice by Alan Brenham
- Dead Fall by Matt Hilton
- Cop Shot by David DeLee
- Justifiable by Dianna Love and Wes Sarginson
- The Winslow Incident by Elizabeth Voss
ThrillerFest VIII – Register Today!
ThrillerFest VIII – July 10th – 13th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
This just in! This year Anne Rice will be interviewed by her son, Christopher Rice!
Headed to BEA? Don’t forget to stop by the official ThrillerFest booth and say HI!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Palmer
- 2013 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Steve Berry
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
To view some fabulous interviews from last year’s ThrillerFest, please visit NYC Media. Including interviews with David Morrell, Sandra Brown and many more!
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for February!
- January 28 – February 3: “How do you determine when a story is ready?” with Toby Tate, Vincent Zandri, Merry Jones, Chris Allen, Catherine Stovall, Judith Cutler, Melinda Leigh, Sharon Alice Geyer, Amy Lignor, Lee Weeks, Michael Sims, David Housewright, Catherine Jordan and Jason Dean
- February 4 – 10: “If you could reach any author, dead or alive, what would be your first question?” with Ada Madison, Heywood Gould, Ralph Pezzullo and Lori Armstrong
- February 11 – 17: “Story, character, dialogue and setting cliches–love them or hate them?” with Mark Alpert, Ralph Pezzullo, Lori Armstrong and Colby Marshall
- February 18 – 24: “Location, location, location…” with Jeffrey Mariotte, Jennifer Moss, Heywood Gould, Julia Pomeroy, Linda O. Johnston, Ralph Pezzullo, Lori Armstrong and Robert S. Levinson
- February 25 – March 3: “How do you research a location beyond your reach?” with Jennifer Moss, Susan Froetschel, Ralph Pezzullo, Tosca Lee and J.C. Carleson
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Michael Rossell, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Michael will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Zero Separation by Philip Donlay, Make Your Story a Movie by John Robert Marlow, Missing in Rangoon by Christopher G. Moore, Too Late to Call Texas by Trent Zelazny, Dukkha the Suffering by Loren W. Christensen, Buried by Kendra Elliot, Town Red by Jennifer Moss, The Dark Hour by Robin Burcell, Fear of Beauty by Susan Froetschel, A Function of Murder by Ada Madison, Silent Slaughter by C.E. Lawrence and Touch & Go by Lisa Gardner.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- November 11 – 17: “What are the advantages of using new media to bridge readers with authors?” - November 10, 2019
- November 4 – 10: “Imagine you’re giving a two-minute ‘state of industry’ speech to ITW members. What would you say?” - November 3, 2019
- The November 2019 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - October 31, 2019