Read the stories that were featured in the October edition of The Big Thrill.
35 new thrillers this month, including debut novels from Mark Pryor, James Gilliam, Erec Stebbins, Amy Shojai, F.T. Bradley, Michael Sears, Timothy L. O’Brien, Douglas Wynne and Laura Ellen, plus new nonfiction from Leslie Budewitz, News from South Africa by Michael Sears, and a Between the Lines interview with John Sandford by Brett King.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between the Lines: Interview with John Sandford by Brett King
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Gun Church by Reed Farrel Coleman
- The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan
- What The Cat Saw by Carolyn Hart
- A Fatal Winter by G. M. Malliet
- The Prophet by Ethan Cross
- Requiem by David Hodges
- Sleepwalker by Wendy Corsi Staub
- Hitman: Damnation by Raymond Benson
- Origin by J.T. Brannan
- Lost and Found by Amy Shojai
- The Warlord of Willow Ridge by Gary Phillips
- An Inconsequential Murder by Rodolfo Peña
- Red Rain by R.L. Stine
- The Devil of Echo Lake by Douglas Wynne
- The Aden Effect by Claude Berube
- Stranger In The Room by Amanda Kyle Williams
- Dead Peasants by Larry D. Thompson
- Books, Crooks & Counselors: How to Write Accurately About Criminal Law & Courtroom Procedure by Leslie Budewitz
- The Bookseller by Mark Pryor
- Drop Dead on Recall by Sheila Webster Boneham
- A Plague of Lies by Judith Rock
- The Lincoln Conspiracy by Timothy L. O’Brien
- Blue Moonlight by Vincent Zandri
- False Step by Jo A. Hiestand and Paul Hornung
- The Rendition by Albert Ashforth
- They Disappeared by Rick Mofina
- The Ragnarok Conspiracy by Erec Stebbins
- Double Vision by F.T. Bradley
- Blind Spot by Laura Ellen
- Night Blind by Michael Sherer
- Death In Shangri-La by Yigal Zur
- Black Fridays by Michael Sears
- The Sacrifice Game by Brian D’Amato
- Block 11 by Piero Degli Antoni
- Gravesend by J. L. Abramo
- When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from T. Frank Muir, C. Joseph Greaves, Anna Lee Huber, Ania Ahlborn, A.J. Colucci, Michael J Webb, Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, Richard Doetsch, Timothy Hallinan, Max Allan Collins, Susan Sleeman, Karen Harper, Toni Anderson, Ania Ahlborn, Jon Land and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- iFrankenstein by Bekka Black
- Deeds of a Master Archer by J. H. Bográn
- Patriot’s Blood by Richard Holcroft
- Red Alert by Colin Dunne
- Ceremony of Innocence by Humphrey Hawksley
- Absolute Measures by Humphrey Hawksley
- A Fine and Dangerous Season by Keith Raffel
- Gravesend by J. L. Abramo
- Crimson Seas, An HMS Swift Adventures Novel by Derek Gunn
- Death on a Thin Horse by Candice M Hughes
- Nipped in the Bud by Susan Sleeman
- Target Lancer by Max Allan Collins
- The Last House on the Left by David DeLee
- The Team by David M. Salkin
- The First Cut by John Kenyon
- Moon Shadow by Reggie Ridgway
- Too Late to Call Texas by Trent Zelazny
- Kill Zone by CJ Lyons
- Uncommon Assassins by Weldon Burg
ThrillerFest VIII – Early Registration!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
SPECIAL PRICING FOR A LIMITED TIME!
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
This October we celebrate Halloween with a terrific lineup of authors!
- October 1 – 7: Is there any myth about being a thriller genre author that you’d like to debunk? with Amy Shojai and J.H. Bogran
- October 8 – 14: The book was better. Does this maxim still hold true? with Michael W. Sherer, Michael Sears, Albert Ashforth and Larry D. Thompson
- October 15 – 21: How do you choose your character’s names? with Michael W. Sherer, Claude Berube, G.M. Malliet, Judith Rock, Amy Shojai and Fleur Bradley
- October 22 – 28: Horror: What is essential to crafting a believable horror environment? with David Sakmyster, Brett Talley, M.R. Gott, Michaelbrent Collings, R. Thomas Riley, W.D. Gagliani, Rick Reed, JG Faherty and Douglas Wynne
- October 29 – November 4: Horror: How do you create creepy, but believable characters? with Vincent Zandri, Brett Talley, M.R. Gott, Michaelbrent Collings, R. Thomas Riley, W.D. Gagliani, Rick Reed, JG Faherty, Douglas Wynne, Ania Ahlborn and John Grover
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Melissa Jordan, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Melissa will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Silent Slaughter by C.E. Lawrence, The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan, Black Fridays by Michael Sears, The Lincoln Conspiracy by Timothy L. O’Brien, Opening Moves by Steven James, Drop Dead on Recall by Sheila Webster Boneham, The Valentine’s Day Clue by Rupali Rajopadhye Rotti, The Colonel’s Mistake by Dan Mayland, Night Walker by Lisa Kessler, Black List by Brad Thor, Books, Crooks and Counselors by Leslie Budewitz, Death in Shangri-La by Yigal Zur, What the Cat Saw by Carolyn Hart, Gun Church by Reed Farrel Coleman and The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- February 17 – 23: “Are broken-hearted villains suspenseful?” - February 16, 2020
- February 10 – 16: “What’s love got to do with it?” - February 9, 2020
- February 3 – 9: “How do you determine when a story is ready?” - February 2, 2020