Read the stories that were featured in the August edition of The Big Thrill.
36 new thrillers this month from ITW members, including three from first-time authors Adrienne Giordano, Pascal Marco and Daniel Polansky, plus a Special to the Big Thrill: No Rest for the Dead, a serial novel, and a ThrillerFest VI wrap-up!
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: No Rest for the Dead (serial novel) by Andrew Guilli
- Special to the Big Thrill: ThrillerFest VI Wrap Up by Kimberley Howe
- News from South Africa by Mike Nicol
- Killing Kate by Julie Kramer
- The Sixes by Kate White
- Inmate 1577 by Alan Jacobson
- Home Improvement: Undead Edition by Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner (Editors)
- Drop by Drop by Keith Raffel
- Serial by John Lutz
- A Killer Like Me by Chuck Hustmyre
- The Twelfth Enchantment by David Liss
- The Evil Inside by Heather Graham
- Fall From Pride by Karen Harper
- Seven Spanish Angels by Stephen Graham Jones
- Hideout by Kathleen George
- Legacy by David L. Golemon
- Time-Crossed Lovers by Karl Alexander
- Silent Enemy by Thomas W. Young
- Operation Medina The Crusade by George Mavro
- The Killing Song by PJ Parrish
- Kage: The Shadow by John Donohue
- Man Law by Adrienne Giordano
- Deadly Sins by Kylie Brant
- Multiplex Fandango by Weston Ochse
- Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke
- Hang on Sloopy by Randy Rohn
- Midnight Fear by Leslie Tentler
- Under Fire by Rita Henuber
- Senior Moments are Murder by Mike Befeler
- Helsinki Homicide: Nothing But The Truth by Jarkko Sipila
- The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams
- Dandy Gilver and The Proper Treatment of Bloodstains by Catriona McPherson
- The Square Root of Murder by Ada Madison
- Louise’s War by Sarah R. Shaber
- Identity: Lost by Pascal Marco
- Where The Shadows Lie by Michael Ridpath
- The Pink Tarantula by Tim Wohlforth
- Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Low Town by Daniel Polansky
Coming Next Month
Coming next month: the latest thrillers from Lee Child, Nick Daniels, Simon Wood, J.T. Ellison, L.J. Sellers, Kelli Stanley, Dave Zeltserman, Johnny Shaw, Devon Vaughn Archer , Raymond Benson, Steven James, Trevor Shane, Christy Reece, Sandra Parshall, Michael Haskins, Alma Katsu, Laura Joh Rowland, Carla Neggers, Amy Rogers, J.E. Fishman and more. It’s gonna be a thriller!
2011 Operation Thriller USO Tour
In Fall 2011, ITW members Clive Cussler, Sandra Brown, Kathy Reichs, Mark Bowden, and Andrew Peterson will deploy to the Middle East on a week-long USO tour to visit and uplift troops. The authors will sign autographs, pose for photos with the troops and talk about their books, movies, television series and writing.
The tour, conceived of and organized by Andy Harp, and entitled Operation Thriller, is the second USO Operation Thriller tour. Last year, authors David Morrell, Douglas Preston, James Rollins, Steve Berry, and Andy Harp kicked off the tour with a special visit to Washington, D.C., where the group visited with troops at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center. The group then flew to the Persian Gulf, visiting five bases in Kuwait and Iraq, where they talked fiction, inspired service men and women, spread cheer and, most importantly, showed their heartfelt gratitude.
Read more about last year’s tour here, and find links to what the authors had to say about their experiences.
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week, a new group of authors discuss what inspires them, who their favorite hero characters are, what advice they’d offer the next generation of thriller authors, and more. Between now and September 5th we’ll discuss which books are on your summer reading list. You won’t want to miss it!
Congratulations to Keith Rowley, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Keith will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including A Game of Lies by Rebecca Cantrell, Tunnel Vision by Gary Braver, Dark, Deadly Love by Denise A. Agnew, Senior Moments are Murder by Mike Befeler, Fall From Pride by Karen Harper, Silent Enemy by Thomas W. Young, A Simple Act of Violence by R.J. Ellory, In the Presence of Evil by Autumn Jordan, The Pink Tarantula by Tim Wohlforth, Louise’s War by Sarah R. Shaber, Children of Paranoia by Trevor Shane, Kage by John Donohue, The Square Root of Murder by Ada Madison, Serial by John Lutz, Midnight Fear by Leslie Tentler.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
ITW “Fear” authors support RIF at ThrillerFest
During the 2011 Thrillerfest, authors from the YA anthology, FEAR: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror, edited by R.L. Stine, crowded together to support Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), the nation’s oldest and largest children’s literacy organization.
You can read all about it, here.
All of the authors involved in this anthology including R.L. Stine have generously donated their stories to this effort. Half of the proceeds from the FEAR anthology go to support RIF (Reading is Fundamental), and the other half go to support ITW. The International Thriller Writers warmly thanks the authors for their time and effort.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- January 13 – 19: “What About Language?” - January 12, 2020
- January 6 – 12: “Please share with us your writing-related resolutions for 2020?” - January 5, 2020
- The January 2020 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - December 31, 2019