“Hands down one of the best short story collections you’re ever likely to read. A masterful collection.”–Booklist, starred review
FIRST THRILLS includes never-before-published stories by New York Times bestselling authors Lee Child, Stephen Coonts, Jeffrey Deaver, Heather Graham, Gregg Hurwitz, John Lescroart, John Lutz (with Lise E. Baker), Alex Kava (with Deb Carlin), Michael Palmer (with Daniel James Palmer), Karin Slaughter, and Wendi Corsi Staub.
The collection also serves as an introduction to a new generation of thriller authors, including Sean Michael Bailey, Ken Bruen, Ryan Brown, Bill Cameron, Rebecca Cantrell, Karen Dionne, JT Ellison, Theo Gangi, Rip Gerber, CJ Lyons, Grant McKenzie, Marc Paoletti, Cynthia Robinson, and Kelli Stanley.
What reviewers are saying about the stories in FIRST THRILLS:
- “The Dead Club” by Michael Palmer and Daniel James Palmer – “a very twisty tale” – Little Big Crimes
- “The Bodyguard” by Lee Child – “a very clever piece of work” – Bookreporter.com
- “Children’s Day” by Kelli Stanley – “destined to become a classic” – San Francisco Book Review
- “Eddy May” by Theo Gangi – “in an anthology full of plot twists, Gangi’s definitely out twists them all” – Booklist; “most impressive” – The Independent
- “Underbelly” by Grant McKenzie – “a standout” – Crimespree Magazine; “remarkably good” – The Independent
- “Calling the Shots” by Karen Dionne – “a terrific tale, with the coldest ending line I have read since the last novel by Richard Stark.” – Little Big Crimes
- “The Plot” by Jeffery Deaver – nominated for an Edgar Award
Available in paperback May 24!
Also available as mini e-books for just $2.99! Coming soon!
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- February 20 – 26: “How long does it take you to write a book?” - February 19, 2017
- February 13 – 19: “Do you encourage your family and community to read more?” - February 12, 2017
- February 6 – 12: “How is the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election going to change thrillers?” - February 6, 2017