Read the stories that were featured in the January edition of The Big Thrill
18 new thrillers this month from ITW members, including debut author Howard Gordon’s Gideon’s War, plus news from South Africa, an in-depth interview with bestselling German thriller author Sebastian Fitzek, and more.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Hot off the press:
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- A Between the Lines Interview with Sebastian Fitzek
- News from South Africa by Mike Nicol
- Damage by John Lescroart
- Boiling Point by Karen Dionne
- Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan
- The Sentry by Robert Crais
- House Divided by Raul Ramos y Sanchez
- Amortals by Matt Forbeck
- Indefensible by Pamela Callow
- Scared to Death by Wendy Corsi Staub
- Stay Tuned for Murder by Mary Kennedy
- Gideon’s War by Howard Gordon
- The Border Lords by T. Jefferson Parker
- Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons by Blaize Clement
- For A Roman’s Heart by Denise A. Agnew
- The Paris Secret by Angela Henry
- Mr. Monk on the Road by Lee Goldberg
- Against the Wind by Kat Martin
- Senseless by Mary Burton
- Shadow Force by Matt Lynn
Now available in paperback!
From the International Thriller Writers comes Watchlist: two powerful novellas featuring the same thrilling cast of characters in one major suspenseful package. The Chopin Manuscript and The Copper Bracelet are collaborations of some of the world’s greatest thriller writers, including Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Lisa Scottoline, and Jeffery Deaver, who conceived the characters and set the plots in motion. The other authors each wrote a chapter and Deaver then completed what he started, bringing both novellas to their startling conclusions.
“Entertaining and intriguing….the action is full-boil.” — USA Today
“A suspenseful, action-packed international thriller filled with plenty of twists and turns.” — Publishers Weekly (starred review)
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the THRILLER ROUNDTABLE discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week, a new group of authors discuss what inspires them, who their favorite hero characters are, what advice they’d offer the next generation of thriller authors, and more. Here’s December’s schedule:
Week of January 10-16: “Why do stories matter?” with Matt Lynn, Amy Robertson, Teresa Burrell, Lisa Black, Pam Callow, Steven James, Karen Dionne
Week of January 17-23: “Do you plot, plan, outline? Or, do you just go where your characters lead you? Why?” with Matt Lynn, Weston Ochse, LJ Sellers, Allan Leverone, Pam Callow, Chris Beakey, Michael Haskins, Larry D. Thompson, Blaize Clement, Matt Forbeck, Reece Hirsch
Week of January 24-30: “Printed book or EReader? Why?” with Joe Nassise, John Gilstrap, Karen Dionne, TBA
Congratulations to Darlene Wright, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Darlene will receive an assortment of signed thrillers includingBitter Legacy by H. Terrell Griffin, Set the Night on Fire by Libby Fischer Hellmann, Dark Harvest by Karen Harper, Unforgivable by Laura Griffin, Against the Wind by Kat Martin, Silent Victim by C.E. Lawrence, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Don Bruns, Sideshow by William Ollie, Damaged by Pamela Callow, Critical Condition by CJ Lyons, Colby Core by Debra Webb, You are Next by Katia Lief, Next Time You See Me by Katia Lief, and The 4th Victim by Tara Taylor Quinn.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Coming next month: a Between the Lines interview with William Bernhardt, and the latest thrillers from Vicki Hinze, Cate Noble, Michael Haskins, Kelli Stanley, Kat Martin, Daniel Palmer, Mike Sirota, Brad Taylor, Jaime Rush, Brad Parks, Michael Haskins, Allan Leverone, Leslie Tentler, John Milius and Raymond Benson, Mary Burton, Deborah Coonts, Cynthia EdenDouglas Preston & Lincoln Child, Mark Alpert, Michael Palmer, Sharon Potts and more. It’s gonna be a thriller!
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- February 20 – 26: “How long does it take you to write a book?” - February 19, 2017
- February 13 – 19: “Do you encourage your family and community to read more?” - February 12, 2017
- February 6 – 12: “How is the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election going to change thrillers?” - February 6, 2017